Thursday 1 October 2015

Texture with a gelli plate....

Hello all and welcome! Can you believe it's October already? Well I actually can, as there are coloured leaves all around and there is definitely an autumnal feel to the air.
I am sharing 2 cards today, both created for our new October challenge over at Countryview Crafts. Our theme this month is Add Some Texture, chosen by the lovely Jennie.
Now when thinking of texture, my guess is most people think of texture paste, or other textural stuff, but of course there is much more than that. Texture can also be created through multiple layers, and I decided to make some cards with that in mind.
My background was started with the help of a gelli plate:

Now, no two backgrounds from a gelli are ever the same, so I won't do a full step by step, just to say, this was probably a second print after I had added a stencil for a first print and then removed it for this one.
Here is a further step, after more paint was added to the plate, including some golden paint and then I added further stencilling with the same folder, some dark brown paint and  using a make up sponge to stencil.
Here is a close up where you can see the effect of the gold paint a bit better.
Here finally the finished card, adding some tissue tape, a Tim Holtz embossed butterfly from the Butterfly Duo die and matching embossing folder and a stamped sentiment, stamped on book paper.
I added some glitter and background stamping still for more interest.
The crackle was achieved with a crackle stamp. stamped in white paint and then I blended some Archival Ink in Orange Blossom over it to tone the white down a bit.
The second card was done in a very similar way, but using a different stencil and some Autumnal dies. A Tim Holtz Ideaology wordband and some tissue tape finish it all off.
The pumpkin and the leaf were both coloured with Distress Markers and then I added some Distress Clear Rock Candy crackle paint for some additional texture.
Well, that's it, hope you like my cards, and if you have a moment check out the other projects that my team mates have created, you won't be disappointed. All you need to do is click HERE
Most of the products used for this project are available from Countryview Crafts, and if you decide to play in our challenge, you could even win a £20 voucher to the shop!
Thanks for visiting like always and happy October!!

25 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Love the depth of your multiple layers on this cards Astrid!
Masterly!
oxo
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful work, love all the layers. Hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

It definitely does feel and look like Autumn Astrid, I am amazed how many leaves have already fallen.

Lots's of lovely textures here today, the leaf looks stunning but it's that butterfly that really stals the show for me.

B x

Jenny Marples said...

Absolute stunners Astrid, the both of them! Don't know which stencil you've used for the first one but it's a gorgeous one! Jenny x

Unknown said...

Amazing! I adore those backgrounds!!

chrissie said...

Both projects are very beautiful with great textures and colours that are just right for this time of year

Love Chrissie xx

Mrs.B said...

Two beautiful cards Astric, love the backgrounds with all their depth and colours.
Avril xx

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! They are both rich in color and texture!

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful cards, Astrid! Love the sparkle highlights.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Absolutely beautiful cards Astrid!! Glorious colours, fabulous backgrounds (I love the touch of gold) and, as always, amazing texture!! Adore!!! xx

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely lovely cards - love the autumn leaves against the blue and all the wonderful layers of texture and colour.
Alison xx

Dorthe said...

I love your cards, Astrid, they are both wonderful, the first one amazing with all the beautiful layers of gelli printing and golden touches. Your butterfly is just gorgeous, too.
And the more autumnlike card, with your beautiful created leafe on blue background is so great!
Hug from Dorthe

Kerstin F. said...

What a wonderful autumn feeling, gorgeous!!

Maryanne said...

Hi Astrid, I've been mostly away from the blogs for a while. I love the texture you achieved with the Gelli plate. It really is fun to see what you end up with using one of them. Both cards are great!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Oh my stunning.

Ellie Knol said...

I am in shock... I mean awe! hehe... ( the shock is for the loveliness, it is Beautiful!!)..

Corrie Herriman said...

Love al the yummy layers on this ! It is beautifully rich !
Corrie x

A Pink said...

Oh I don't just like your cards Astrid I LOVE them . They are both equally beautiful with such lush texture and detail . Having never used a gelli plate its wonderful to see the fabulous results that can be achieved in the hands of someone as talented as yourself .
x

rachel said...

oh so beautiful - I adore all the texture on this - and that gold paint really adds a special touch - fabulous Astrid! Hugs rachel x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Love the way the layers have been built up on the Gelli plate and the addition of the gold paint. With that pretty butterfly resting in the corner it makes for an exquisitely elegant card and your second card certainly speaks of Autumn.
We had another beautiful day, the sun out BUT a definite nip in the air!
Wishes
Lynne

sarascloset said...

Ummm, Ummm! I love those backgrounds! That rich colored and crackled background with that butterfly is just AMAZING, and I could stare at it for days! The autumnal project background is so unbelievably brilliant! Wow! Love these, Astrid! You are one talented lady!!!

Maryann Laursen said...

Absolut stunning work here again, and especially the first one: Take Flight is just soo me. I LOVE that one. I also like the other one, but not too kean about HAlloween, and feels it looks more for Halloween than the first one, but I definitely like how you made both and how the looks ended up, they´re both awesome work. Have a wonderful day sweet lady.

Deborah Wainwright said...

Astrid both of these look amazing. I love all painty texture and wonderful rich colours. Hugs Debs xx

Jackie PN said...

Astrid- just gorgeous!!
I can not and will not pick a fav between the two! xo

Deb said...

My gosh Astrid, those cards are so beautiful! Amazing layered backgrounds, the gold on the first card is amazing. And the crackle texture on the leaf on the second is so lovely, I can't decide which I like more, they are equally wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing them, Deb xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key