Sunday 6 July 2008

Sunday Postcard "Birds"

The theme today at Sunday Postcard is "Birds". I love the way this blog gives you notice of the theme ahead, so I had time to do mine yesterday already.
Created a background with Lyra watercolour crayons (these are great, like real watercolour in a crayon), blended with some gesso and then overstamped. For once I was really pleased with it as (dare I say it) it looked like one of the free artist papers you get with some of the Somerset Studio magazines. I then used some of the marvelous freebie images that the very kind Nancy Dooren aka Vintage Stamper has on her blog. Thank you Nancy, I love your images!!!

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is fabulous.
Wonderful background and lovely image.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, love the background.

Mandy Chilvers said...

fabulous postcard

Kreativgeschwafel said...

really a wonderful card!

Anonymous said...

Schitterend Astrid! Prachtige combinatie.

Kris Dickinson said...

Oh how beautiful!

~*~Patty S said...

I can see why you are so pleased with this piece, it's Lovely and your background is super!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

It does look like one of the artist sheets from Stampington...its just gorgeous!
the image is perfection!

Viola said...

Wonderful!!!!

Kaz said...

beautiful postcard :-)

Sian said...

Fantastic. I love it.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous...love the background!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key